The Howard Crew

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Queso Leche

Before we arrived in Spain, my Aunt Pam warned us that milk as we Americans know it is hard to come by. I fretted about this since my kids are cereal-o-holics. In fact, it was one of the first questions I asked Pepe, our apartment guy (not really the type of person you could call a landlord). He assured me that, yes, they do drink milk here in Espana. Later, he took us to the large grocery store here called El Corte Ingles and marched me right over to a large stack of boxed milk in the middle of the floor. Oh, great, yes, just what we were looking for I assured him as I sank a little inside. Then he also led me to the refrigerator section and grabbed us a liter of leche fresca

, which was really just what we were looking for. We decided to buy both and do a taste test. Suprisingly, or is it surprisingly (that is one of my words I can't spell), we liked them both. I even kind of preferred the boxed milk because it was more creamy. Well that all came to a screeching halt when one morning Alex announced that the boxed milk smelled like cheese. Everyone totally agreed and then they couldn't finish their cereal because they were so grossed out. So leche fresca it is for us from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment