Monday, July 11, 2011
Summer Reading
So far, my summer reading has mostly been comprised of reading and studying travel books and blogs and searching for places to stay for our European Adventure. I think half of the fun of going somewhere is the planning. I do hope to leave enough "holes" in the calendar that we have time to just explore and find little treasures on our own, rather than running from place to place. Although, I do like to have an itinerary and some things planned out so that days aren't wasted standing in unnecessary lines and chasing our tails trying to figure things out. It is a lot of work putting a trip of this magnitude together (although it would be much easier if we didn't have a budget:)! So far the best travel guides I have found are the Rick Steve's European Guide Books (one for each country). I feel confident about planning the apartments, hotels, campgrounds, and homes, as well as the airfare and some of the entertainment, but I am feeling uncertain about costs related to getting around. I don't want any expensive unknown costs popping up! Hopefully I can catch up on my book club books while I am lazing about in Spain for three months while my children are in school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment