Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Kids Camp! (Back by popular demand)
We are working on earning money toward our big Spanish excursion so we are doing 5 kids camps this summer! Cassy and I made up the flyer and took them around to the neighbors. We are planning on doing a Survivor Camp, Circus Camp, Art Camp, Harry Potter Camp and a Medieval Camp (for knights and princesses). We have already survived (just barely) our first Survivor Camp. The day before camp there were 21 people registered, the morning of camp we ended up with 35 kids showing up. Needless to say I had to make a last minute popsicle run! I wish we had some pictures, but it is so crazy with that many kids taking photos totally slipped my mind. We had some fun crafts, face painting, flag making, endurance challenges, popsicle clue search, water games, water balloons, and the highlight was the food challenge. We had baby food on spoons for everyone to try. There were peas, green beans and sweet potatoes. Everyone had to take a bite and and then secretly guess what they were eating. We had 9 and 10 year old boys throwing up in the garbage can over this (like 3 of them). They were guessing the craziest things....rotten cucumbers, guacamole, cucumber soup and I can't remember the others. I think everyone had fun and we were happy when it was all over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment