The Howard Crew

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

MMMMOOOMMMAAAAA!!!!

This is how Addy usually starts her day. Most nights she starts asking "can I sleep with you?" Some nights we give in, some nights she has to sleep in her own bed. When she sleeps in her own bed with Cassy she always has a contingency plan, "what if I have a nightmare?" Some nights she tries to claim she has had a nightmare before she even goes to sleep.... By morning she is usually snuggling with us in our bed and the first thing she does when she wakes up is call my name and then she rolls up in her sheets and tries to pretend she is still asleep. I love my little Booza, and secretly Matt and I both miss her when she isn't snuggling with us.

p.s. The other day Cassy's friend Miranda was saying how amazed she was with Addy when Addy was a baby and how well she could speak at such a young age. "Remember how when she was a baby she could say encyclopedia?" This brought back a flood of memories! I wish I could remember things better, but I just don't have the gift of a great memory. I so regret that I have not been a consistant blogger or journal keeper while my kids were really little. I did bits and spurts here and there, but it seems like we are always so busy living life and doing fun things that I haven't documented it all like I wish I would have looking back. I have taken TONS of photos and I hope they tell the story of our life together, but it is the little things like Cassy teaching Addy to say "encyclopedia" when she was 9 months old that remind me of the sweet tenderness of the everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment