Spring has sprung here in Spain. The flowers and trees are in bloom and it is beautiful. I especially love walking through the plazas where the orange trees are in bloom and smelling how sweet the blossoms are! It has been raining a lot this week. Our Spanish teacher said it seems to never rain in Sevilla, except during Semana Santa. They cancel the parades if there is rain so that the statues don't get ruined, so unfortunately we haven't seen any of the processions yet. We have seen quite a few of the penitents walking around (I guess they just go to the churches when the processions are cancelled). The other night it was getting dark and the street lamps were glowing, it was drizzling after a massive down pour, and there were lots of people on our street, including lots of penitents dressed in black. I could have sworn we were on Diagon Alley from Harry Potter....wish I would have had my camera!
Here are a few snapshots from the streets. Check out the penitent suckers...
Alex and Addy on the streets. A rare shot of them holding hands, Alex said I would have to pay him 2 Euros for the pic.
Some of the flowers in bloom...
The store windows at La Campana, a gourmet treat store. The first window has La Giralda made out of sugar surrounded by penitents. The second window has all the chocolate confections for Easter, including a chocolate pineapple with SpongeBob and Squidward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment