Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Adventure Update
Apparently I have been so busy making plans that I haven't uploaded a photo or even written a post since October. Could have something to do with that little thing called THE HOLIDAYS! I am just coming out of the holiday fog and I have been saying that for 2 weeks. We actually still have a flocked tree standing up in the family room upstairs (only because I need Matt's help to get it down). He believes that once you put a tree up, you don't ever break it down and store it in the box again. This hasn't come up in the past, because we have never had a fake tree (we still do the real one downstairs). It would have been good to know this before I bought a twelve foot tree.... Maybe I could store it in the gym, the ceiling is tall enough....
Anyway, things have changed a lot since I last posted. We are scheduled to leave for Sevilla, Spain in exactly three weeks from yesterday. I did some research and just felt that Spain would be a safer area for me to travel by myself with the kids. We are getting so excited for the trip. People keep asking if we are already for the trip and I guess we are as ready as we are going to be. We have the apartment, we have our passports, and we have our flights. The only thing we need to do is pack our bags. I do still need to meet with some teachers and figure out the school thing. We are going to just go and see what we think about school when we get there. Cassy wants to go, but nobody else does. If we end up home schooling, I think it will still work because then we can hire a tutor to take us around to different venues and help us practice our Spanish. I am just trying to figure out how many books to take and if we can get books while we are there. I am planning on everyone doing some math, science, memorization and lots of reading (as well as some Spanish, of course) everyday. As long as everyone keeps a good attitude, it should work out well. But of course that is a big "if"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment