Monday, February 27, 2012
5+ Hour Layover in Madrid
If you have to have a five hour layover anywhere, Madrid is the place to do it. We found a McDonald's for breakfast and then we went to a play place they have there (more for the really little kids, but Addy and Alex found some fun puzzles to do). I think the best thing we found was the courtesy roller carts...YES! Alex was hauling around a backpack as big and heavy as he was. I was hauling around a roller bag and a very heavy Trek bag. We were so happy to find those carts! Luckily we found a kids store called Imaginarium. They had the coolest stuff! I wish I could have bought up a bunch of stuff, but we ended up with a floam kit. Don't know what floam is? It is this sticky gooey stuff that you can make into shapes. Best of all, it doesn't make your hands sticky. So all the kids went crazy and it killed about an hour or more of our wait time.
The Madrid airport is very sleek and Euro feeling. It seems like you are inside the belly of a whale, with cool celadon green and wood covering the entire ceiling. I will include some pictures....
and last but not least, the photo of the airport...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment