The Howard Crew

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Chocolate Mint Brownies

I just used two boxes of brownie mix and cooked it in a jelly roll pan as directed.

Mint Frosting:
1/4 c softened butter
2 1/2 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 - 3 TBS milk
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
green food coloring

I doubled this recipe since I did the cookie sheet of brownies.  To make the mint frosting, cream the butter and sugar.  Add the milk 1 tbs at a time, beating until it is smooth and spreadable.  Beat in peppermint extract and tint to desired shade with greeen food coloring.  Frost the cooled brownies, cover, and chill 1 hour.  

Chocolate Topping:
3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips
3 tbs butter

I doubled this recipe too...Pour chips into microwave safe bowl, add the butter, and microwave on high for 1 1/2 min or until chocolate melts.  Stir until smooth.  Pour the chocolate over the brownies and smooth it with a knife.  Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until the coating hardens.  Bring brownies to room temperature, then cut into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment