We have had a fun and excited last couple of weeks! We had the Barney family here to visit us from their new hometown of Austin, Texas. It was so fun to see them again and to spend the day with them! Their kids are a little more shy and reserved than our crazy crew, but they warmed up to each other and had a great time. We went swimming at the Ostermillers pool while Cassy helped with kids camp at Gabby's (she joined us and swam afterwards). Then we headed home and just hung around for a little while. The adults decided it would be fun to have the teenagers babysit and we headed out to dinner at Zucca. Yum...the food was good and so was the company.
We also got to see Josh and Brigid. They were in town before they headed up to Jackson to run the river with some friends. We had a tight schedule with friends here form out of town, my 20 year high school reunion, and our Bear Lake plans, so we met them at my dad's favorite "The Eastside Diner". The food is actually pretty good. It was fun to catch up with them and made me realize we need to head out to Ohio and visit them sometime soon.
While we were at breakfast, Connor made plans to ride to Bear Lake double seat belted with the Draper crew. We were all supposed to go up Thurs night, but I had scheduled a last minute haircut and highlight (very vain) before my reunion. I was just going to let it go until Cassy was sitting by me at dinner and let me know that my roots were "very brown with tons of gray." I had to call in some favors and get a hairdo with a substitute hair lady. Unfortunately it coincided with our Bear Lake sleepover.
Connor went up to Bear Lake and we headed up the next morning to spend some time with the Drapers and the Summers at the beach before we brought Connor home. While we were there the Drapers had a change of plans, so they invited Connor to stay and Cassy also ended up staying with Brooke and another friend April. We went back up on Monday (after my reunion)and took the tiki. The boys had fun cruising around the bay like they were warriors. The wind picked up and they had to really figure out how to row in order to make it back. The weather was off and on, but we had a great time at the beach and the pool.
Over the weekend I connected with my old high school friends at our twenty year reunion. We had such a great time! Friday night ws alumni night at Bonneville and we ended up being kicked out at about 11 or 11:30. We ended up just visiting in front of the school until about 1 am. That was my favorite part of the reunion because I was able to reconnect with lots of close friends from as early as elementary school. It made me realize how much I missed all of them and how close we all were. It kind of makes me emotional when I think about it because I hope my kids can have friends like the ones I had. It is so much easier to make wise choices when your friends are making good choices. The next day I golfed with Tif, Traci and Suzy in the golf tournament. We did pretty well and had a great time. The best was when Suzy took a shot at Dave Blake as the guys were all coming to watch us finish our hole and make us nervous. Afterwards there was a family lunch. I took Alex and Addy, but we didn't stay long. That night we went to the Eccles conference center for the couple dinner. We had fun. Matt put "David Lee Roth" on his name tag, he said it was because he was married to the lead singer of "heart" in reference to my senior picture which was a very standard early 90's back lit fro!
All in all it was a great weekend and a fun week full of lots of activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment